Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Why????

Have you ever had someone tell you that they would kill their child if it had DS or anything else? Well my bestfriend just told me that her SIL had an abortion because they thought it might have DS. It makes me so angry that you would kill a child because it has an illness or disability and you are to selfish to be able to love a child. YOU should never ever get pregnant if this is your view because seriously you are a low sick person... I am sorry But I am sick of hearing people are killing their baby because of an ultra sound that says they might had DS, half of the kids are born fine and they wouldn't give it a chance, they do not deserve anymore children.

This leads me to a story of a blog I remember reading, that the women was pregnant and that during an ultrasound her babies heart was very sick and the Dr's kept telling her they did not think the baby would live at 24 weeks, they gave their son to God. Well Stellan was born and was born very healthy and was doing awesome, until the other day when Stellan was ill and they gave him a double dose of medication, his heart rate went to 300BPM and they have gotten it down to around 220 but it needs to drop more. Stellan is in need of lots of prayer and his family, they have given Stellan to God. I pray that God will help slow down Stellan's heart and that God will heal this child one more time.

2 comments:

Cindy Smith, Editor, Education for the Driving Masses said...

I think for many parents, even new parents, this is a tough decision.

I have a story you can read if it gives you some insight to how life is like with a child with special needs be it DS or mental challenges.

I also want to thank you for linking to my driving blog! I appreciate the support.

I personally don't agree with people terminating a pregnancy because the 13th chromosone appears to be missing but what my mother has said will probably shock you.

This is a story about my sister.
It's called "Living in the shadow of Jennifer".

http://www.educationforthedrivingmasses.com/2007/08/living-in-shadow-of-jennifer.html- Cindy

Cindy Smith, Editor, Education for the Driving Masses said...

ps. great blog!